IBM Db2 Destination
Update your warehouse allowlist for with new IP addresses
Starting on November 14, 2023 all warehouse customers who use allowlists in their warehouses must update those lists to include the following ranges:
These updates coincide with reliability improvements to Segment's underlying warehouse architecture.
Use IBM Db2 with Segment to get all of your event and Cloud Source data in a warehouse built by IBM. This guide will walk through what you need to know to get up and running with Db2 Warehouse and Segment.
To get started, you’ll need to:
- Create a Db2 user for Segment.
- Grant the user sufficient permissions.
- Create the the IBM Db2 Destination in the Segment app.
Create a User for Segment
In order to connect your IBM Db2 warehouse to Segment, you need to create a Db2 user account that Segment can assume. To create a user account for Segment:
Open the Db2 warehouse and navigate to Administration > User management.
Create a new user account with user privileges. Make sure you save the username and password, as these are required to set up the Segment configuration in a later step.
Grant the Segment User Permissions
To grant the Segment user access to your database:
- Open the top-left menu in your Db2 Warehouse and select Run SQL.
- In the SQL input, copy the following code snippet, and replace
segment_userwith the user ID that you created above.
GRANT CONNECT, CREATETAB, IMPLICIT_SCHEMA ON DATABASE TO USER <segment_user>
- Click Run All to execute the
Create Segment Db2 Destination
To set up an IBM Db2 destination in the Segment app:
- Open the Segment app, navigate to Connections and click Add Destination.
- Search for and select IBM Db2 Warehouse.
- Select the sources you want to connect to the IBM Db2 warehouse, and click Next.
- Enter a name for your destination, and enter the following credentials:
- Host (You can find this in your Db2 instance, under Administration > Connections)
- Port (50001 is the default for Db2)
- Database name (You can find this in your Db2 instance, under Administration > Connections)
- User (This is the User ID that you created above)
- Password (This is the password that you created above)
- Security (Enter “SSL” in this field)
- Click Connect to connect your Db2 warehouse to Segment.
If your Db2 Warehouse is in a private network, be sure to allowlist Segment’s IP address when creating the Db2 user Segment assumes. Otherwise, Segment won’t be able to load your data.
Segment recommends you to create a unique User for the Segment Db2 Warehouse connection to your Db2 Warehouse instance so that you can manage permissions separately.
Always require SSL/TLS and make sure your data warehouse can only accept secure connections. Segment only connects to your data warehouse using SSL/TLS.
This page was last modified: 13 Jul 2023
Questions? Problems? Need more info? Contact Segment Support for assistance!